Lifebuoy inspires ‘H for Handwashing’ NFTs, created for good
Whilst Lifebuoy is known for selling soap, they are also a leader in driving social change and positive behaviours in communities. To date, Lifebuoy has helped more than 1 billion people adopt better handwashing habits to help keep germs at bay.
Triveni Rajagopal, Personal Care Digital Transformation Lead, Unilever, comments, "We will continue to use our scale and global profile to help set future-fit foundations for our business and help communities. The metaverse allows us to think of new opportunities to supercharge Lifebuoy's commitments to make handwashing with soap a daily habit for millions of children worldwide. Lastly, it provides new ways to connect with new consumers like never before."
Handwashing with soap saves lives.
5 facts you did not know about handwashing, and now you know!
- Pneumonia and diarrhea are the top 2 fatal diseases causing child death.
- 1 child dies from pneumonia or diarrhea every 30 seconds.
- Hands are the principal carriers of disease-causing germs and it’s estimated that if handwashing with soap is widely practised, approximately 230,000 deaths could be averted every year3.
- The simple practice of handwashing with soap is the single most cost-effective intervention to prevent child deaths. It is proven to reduce diarrhoeal disease by up to 45%1 and pneumonia by 23%2.
- Lifebuoy achieved our Unilever Sustainable Living Plan (PDF, 8.4MB)n target to help more than 1 billion people develop good handwashing habits, reaching over 486 million people in 30 countries.
Read more about Lifebuoy’s Metaverse Strategy
With the evident increase in interest in Web3, NFT and crypto, Lifebuoy has set up a thinktank for strategies to leverage the metaverse for its business and social missions.