Lifebuoy Certification Letter 2021 – Skin Cleansing
21th April 2021
700 Sylvan Ave,
Attention: Ellen Shepard
Dear Ellen Shepard,
Attached please find the top brand ranking analysis for the Skin Cleansing category (Bar, Liquid Hand Wash, Shower, Bath Additives) in the multiple countries across the globe (markets defined by Nielsen or Unilever), in which you subscribe to our Retail Measurement Services.
Following is a summary based on the attached information:
- The information in the attached report is based on Skin Cleansing category to which Unilever subscribed in the following 48 markets: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Ghana, Great Britain, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States, Uruguay and Vietnam.
- Data is updated to the latest period available at the time of data extraction.
- NielsenIQ’s Retail Measurement Services cover off-premise retail outlets including Supermarkets, Hypermarkets, Convenience stores and Provision stores.
- Please note that:
- While we have provided the above written confirmation of what we report for the Skin Cleansing category, NielsenIQ does not endorse any Unilever claim. NielsenIQ is an independent research agency and cannot support or advise on advertisement or marketing campaigns or slogans or similar public disclosures.
- Unilever may only make use of our name in association with the data it may reference in its claim. Unilever may not state or imply that NielsenIQ is the source of the claim itself.
- Any Unilever claim that relies on NielsenIQ results must not be presented in a misleading manner and must contain the following citation: “Unilever calculation based in part on information reported by NielsenIQ through its ScanTrack, MarketTrack and Retail Index Services for the Skin Cleansing Category (markets defined by Nielsen or Unilever) for the 52-week period ending: Ghana - Jun 2020; Egypt - Sep 2020; Denmark, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, UAE - Nov 2020; Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Russia, , South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan Thailand, Turkey, and Uruguay - Dec 2020; Vietnam, Kenya, Poland, Hong Kong - Jan 2021; Austria, Belgium, Chile, Portugal, Singapore, South Korea - Feb 2021; US - Mar 2021. (Copyright © 2021, NielsenIQ)”
- However, due to the elaborate nature of the above standard disclaimer, in certain circumstances (e.g. should it be difficult for Unilever to include this entire paragraph in certain communication), NielsenIQ allows Unilever to use the following simplified citation: “Based on NielsenIQ unit sales for the Skin Cleansing category (latest 12 months available) © 2021, NielsenIQ. Details available on [insert the website]“.
- This letter is valid for 12 months from the date of issuance.
Information provided by NielsenIQ is primarily designed for Unilever’s internal use. However, we consent to the sharing by Unilever of this letter and the data referenced herein to external third parties, government and non-government bodies for the purpose of substantiation of the advertising and on the condition that Unilever indemnifies and holds harmless NielsenIQ and NielsenIQ’s affiliates and their officers, directors, shareholders, members, agents and employees against all claims, damages, loss or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) relating to Unilever’s disclosure of NielsenIQ information.
Paulo Gonzalez, Global Client Business Partner